Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: question about phenol???
teebaum
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 02:21
question about phenol???

Hi guys!! You have solved a lot of questions and doubts thanks to this forum. But now I need some help here so i had to register.
After an auction I bought several items, heating mantles, glassware,etc. and several chemicals. I've posted in the local forums all the items i was not interested in and i have a lot of buyers for 2-allyloxyphenol (800ml) (its from chinese origin). which seems to be really expensive in the big chem sites.

could you guys help with price???
I understand I can't sell it for a high price but what price would be fair???

Thanksss!!

Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-3-2016 at 08:48

This appears to cost about $100/g from the vendors I see, but price is based on supply and demand. If you can find someone willing to buy it, I would try to get something more like $10/g, as that is likely what was paid for it. The purity would be a factor, if you don't know it and can't confirm it, it is not worth as much. But it sounds like an interesting purchase. My company ordered too much of a compound for a ended project and had 4 gallons of a chemical that was theoretically worth $10/g or more, but finding a buyer was not easy, we ended up returning it to the seller for a credit of about 1/2 what we paid for it, which was still a good deal, but not sure if we ever were able to use the entire credit. But that is a pretty obscure compound, so hard to find a buyer. You might even see if Oakwood, Matrix Scientific, or another company would buy it from you for a good deal.
teebaum
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-3-2016 at 00:44

wow. Thank you very much for your answer, a lot of ideas. I will try with Oakwwood to see what they have to say. About the price I was pretty unsure but my initial idea was like yours, so I will give $10/gr a try. After a little research, yes, you were right...a bit weird obscure chemical indeed. They had rare items in the auction. no idea where they come from actually.

Again...Thank you!! You help me a lot clarify some ideas!!

stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 15-3-2016 at 16:09

Looks like a candidate for Fries rearrangement.

Go To Top