Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need Ideas for a crap trap
urenthesage
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-5-2016 at 09:25
Need Ideas for a crap trap

Hey forum, Im looking for ideas on how to build a crap trap for putting between my filter and my vacuum pump. I think I can make a basic one using an old bong of all things, but that wont be a permanent solution. Is there instructions for how I would do that already on these forums? Anyone have experience building one?
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 19-5-2016 at 11:22

My first worry was about letting liquids get into my vac pump, so used an old de-calcifier thing in the build of the new fume hood.

craptrap.JPG - 103kB

The very first thing i used it for was to vacuum filter something in acetone, so the clear plastic part isn't clear anymore due to the acetone fumes.

Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-5-2016 at 11:56

It depends upon the crap !

In general you need to filter out particles, dust, water, solvents and, corrosive vapours.

Wash bottles (e.g. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Gas-Washing-Bottle-Dr... )
or something similar are required,
(Mine are just 600 ml aluminium bicycling water bottles (£1 each) with glass tubing araldited through the stopper(s)
to trap bulk liquids
to trap particles and dust I use stainless steel wool 'wetted' with vacuum pump oil
for solvent vapours, dry ice/acetone or similar is required, I can't afford that,
for corrosive fumes you need to bubble through the 'antidote' for the particular vapour,

Go To Top