Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: That "kid in a sweet shop/candy shop" feeling........
Chem Rage
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-5-2016 at 06:59
That "kid in a sweet shop/candy shop" feeling........

I know it might sound odd to people who have no love or passion for chemistry, but I get a buzz of excitement when I acquire a new chemical reagent or piece of equipment/glassware. Remember that flood of excitement as a kid when you were in the sweet shop (US: candy shop)? That's exactly how I feel whenever I get a new chemical or shiny new sparkling glassware. All those exciting chemical reactions; the endless possibilities......

Can you relate to this? Or maybe (for some of you at least) when you go to your local OTC source of chemical reagent, you feel like a kid in a drugstore who is nervously trying to pluck up the courage to ask for a packet of French Letters? :D

WGTR
National Hazard

Mood: Outline

[*] posted on 27-5-2016 at 07:39

I first went to a pottery supply store a few years ago, and got the same feeling. In bags, ranging from 0.25 to 50 pounds were several aisles loaded with dry powders that contained a significant fraction of the periodic table...and they were the cheapest prices I had ever seen. I was limited mostly by what I could fit in the trunk, ha ha. It was weird, because this store had been there for decades, and I had never known it was there before.

Go To Top