Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Giving away Sulfur
Daffodile
Hazard to Others

Mood: Riding eternal

[*] posted on 10-10-2016 at 10:40
Giving away Sulfur

Alright so I came to obtain about 20 or 25 pounds of Sulfur, with only use for about 300g. If anyone wants some (especially in Canada, I can send it for the price of postage, what matters is that it doesn't go to waste, I've already had to throw out some chemicals just because of constrictions. (Nitromethane, Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Permanganate, etc.).

Shipping must be legal. Please U2U me if interested.

[Edited on 10-10-2016 by Daffodile]
Daffodile
Hazard to Others

Mood: Riding eternal

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 10:38

I'm using the online Canada post calculator to find shipping costs, but I don't know how accurate it is. (For example, it calculated Vancouver to Ontario as 15 bucks, but only 11 for Vancouver to Ohio, with a 500g package.) Payment is through a preloaded visa card, please find a denomination close to the price of the shipping.

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 13:38

Sulphur is too mundane, cheap, and widely available.

Even i got at least a kilo, which, if i recall correctly, cost a euro.

Flogging a dead horse with this one IMHO.

violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 19:53

But aga this is not trying to sell it off, this is trying to properly use a reagent that might go to waste otherwise. A more noble feat, worthy of more effort in my opinion

Maroboduus
Hazard to Others

Mood: vacant

[*] posted on 12-10-2016 at 20:42

You should consider checking with any local gardening clubs. It's great for acidifying soil, and you might find somebody interested in it for that use. Maybe a nearby park would accept it as a donation.
Do you have Craigslist up there or some Canadian equivalent? Just offer it free to anybody who will come get it. Sooner or later you'll get a call.
It's great that you want it to be used, but the postal costs are more than the cost of the product unless it's some sort of very high grade ultra-pure stuff, or unless you find a user very near by.

You could always use it to make ammonium sulfide and give it to someone you hate.

I put it on the sliced ends of cactus when I make cuttings, but I've already got enough to start about 1,000 more cacti.

I would've jumped on the Permanganate and the Phosphoric acid, though.
You might not know this, but Phosphoric is the tastiest of the common mineral acids.

Go To Top