Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Peracetic preparation from persulfate salts
Klute
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-2-2007 at 15:52
Peracetic preparation from persulfate salts

I remember looking at a patent where they use H2SO5 generated from a persulfate salt and H2SO4 to make peracids from corresponding carboxylic acid... IE: In acetic acid, they add sulfuric acid and persulfate salts, caro's acid is generated, and at its turn generates peracetic from the acetic acid... Well, I've been searching for a few hours and I'm unable to find that specific patent again, and I've stumbled only on a few ref on this, ex: use of persulfate and acetic to make diols from olefins: 2510905 A part from that, no big details as how much persulfate produces how much peracid, amount of sulfuric, conc of peracid, etc
So my question is, does anyone have more info on this?? I really want to be sure that persulfate generates peracetic in acetiic acid... Anyhting would help... Also, how could I titrate amount of percarboxylic acid, without titrating persulfate salt or persulfuric?? If that's possible at all, I guess persulfuric and percarboxylic would act the same towards any reductive material.... Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Go To Top