Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wrappolite
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-1-2018 at 13:27
Wrappolite

wrappolite.jpg - 341kB

Here I am trying to introduce some invention of prof. Liptakov. The basic idea is two aluminum foils that seal hermetically the energy material inside. Aluminum foil fulfills 3 basic functions. 1) Handling carrier film, 2) secondary fuel 3) moisture barrier. But also against evaporation, depending on the type of EM inside. The basic design is 2 Alu foils of 0.05 mm thick. Between their are AN crystals + EG in stechiomeric ratio. Foil and grain create air pockets that are important for proper function. During roll-up in the form of a condenser, additional air pockets are formed between the outer sides of the foil. This ensures that the low density is maintained during scrolling. Usually in the shape of a thick cylinder. Foil tape is possible easy divide for right weight of use. Or easily to edit to cube shape or rectangle. Or any shape without loss of properties. Within a certain range of density, of course.
EM inside can be also almost anything that evaporates or is liquid. Alu foil fully replaces fine aluminum powder. Therefore, the foil is counted in the oxygen balance.
The exact details of the ratios, manufacturing process and all the possibilities of use will not be given for understandable reasons.
Dr......:cool:

Safety explosive Alfred Nobel 1867. Safely ecologic detonator Dr. Liptakov 2015.
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: Negative, I am a meat Popsicle.

[*] posted on 13-1-2018 at 15:50

In my experience, Aluminum foils are very easily pierced, torn or just develop pin holes where they have been bent.

When wrapping up the item, how do.you deal with either the interior foil (tighter curve) from becoming corrugated and leaking, or the outer foil (must cover longer distance) from tearing?

Agree on the foil becoming part of the fuel or even providing a thermobaric effect for any reasonably hot, brissant explosive filling-

IT'S THE JELLY ROLL OF DEATH!!!

Boom.
The explosion removed the windows, the door and most of the chimney.
It was the sort of thing you expected in the Street of alchemists. The neighbors preferred explosions, which were at least identifiable and soon over. They were better than the smells, which crept up on you.
-Terry Pratchett, "Moving Pictures"

It is essential that persons having explosive 
substances under their charge should never 
lose sight of the conviction that, preventive 
measures should always be prescribed 
on the hypothesis of an explosion.

Marcellin Berthelot - 1892 Explosives and their power - Page 47
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-1-2018 at 16:16

During rolling to shape capacitor arises more air gaps on insides layer. EG works as oil. Better is always roll on bigger basic start diameter from 4 cm. At thickness 0,5 mm / 40mm Is effect dilatation between inside and outside Alu foil small. Of course, that someplace arises piercing points. But if is grains under 0,2 mm, is piercing almost nothing. It s not some proffesional device. But works from No. 8. Always.
Thermobaric effect ? Of course. Also Always .............:cool:

Safety explosive Alfred Nobel 1867. Safely ecologic detonator Dr. Liptakov 2015.
roXefeller
National Hazard

Mood: too legit to quit

[*] posted on 15-1-2018 at 14:54

Do you have any experience with critical diameter? I wonder if it has application as det cord. I know its almost untenable though.

[Edited on 15-1-2018 by roXefeller]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-1-2018 at 00:46

Minimal 3 cm diameter is condition. Maybe as thick detcord should by works. With AN - EG. But 1 meter long charge it was not tried.

Microtek
National Hazard

[*] posted on 18-1-2018 at 23:04

A member here on SM (I don't remember who, exactly) experimented with thermobaric devices based on this design. IIRC, the energetic he used was a fairly fast one (ETN, PETN or maybe RDX). There was pictures of a test he made.
NeonPulse
National Hazard

Mood: thinking outside the box...

[*] posted on 18-1-2018 at 23:24

https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=33... This is the thread I presume. It was a great idea.

Where there is a will
there is a way.

Like many of us i also do Youtube.... AllCheMystery!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbbidIY4v57uczsl0Fgv7w?vie... Fixed link. You can see it now!
Rocinante
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-1-2018 at 10:35

For RDX: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S001021801...

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/292989139_Thermobar...

Go To Top