Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: zantac
xxxxx
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-5-2007 at 07:30
zantac

i was getting pain in my stomach so i started taking zantac and this stopped the pain. i was wondering if the excess acid that was being produced in my stomach might have caused some sort of damage to my stomach lining which might eventually heal over time or will i have to take the medication for the rest of my life
Darkblade48
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-5-2007 at 08:59

I would imagine that your stomach lining would regenerate itself given time.

It is possible that an H. pylori infection could potentially cause stomach ulcers (i.e. the infection causes the stomach to attempt to get rid of the bacteria via excess stomach acid, which may eventually lead to a stomach ulcer. The excessive acid can do some damage to the lining of the stomach).

Of course, that's always a worst case scenario-type of thing. It may be that you were just having some indigestion :)
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 20:54

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxxx
i was getting pain in my stomach so i started taking zantac and this stopped the pain. i was wondering if the excess acid that was being produced in my stomach might have caused some sort of damage to my stomach lining which might eventually heal over time or will i have to take the medication for the rest of my life

Use ZANTAC 75 mg or 150 mg by night and 20 mg Omeprazole in the morning, (H+) proton pump inhibitor and make a test for H.Pylory. If you have it. Many people have it but they haven’t ulcer physician will give you a drugs antibiotics and after 3 weeks free.

NOTE: Talk with your General Practice Physician. It's his duty to prescribe drugs!!!
YT2095
International Hazard

Mood: within Nominal Parameters

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 23:59

I`ll vouch for the Omeprazole too, I take 10mg a day because of the other meds I`m on can damage the stomach, and now I can eat whatever I like and never get acid :)

\"In a world full of wonders mankind has managed to invent boredom\" - Death
Twinkies don\'t have a shelf life. They have a half-life! -Caine (a friend of mine)
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 15:56

Quote:
Originally posted by YT2095
I`ll vouch for the Omeprazole too, I take 10mg a day because of the other meds I`m on can damage the stomach, and now I can eat whatever I like and never get acid :)

You have acid but haven’t lesions in your stomach and decreased secretion of HCL give a chance and time to your gastric cells to repair their protective mucus layer.....

Happy because of your success!!!!

H-2 inhibitors (ranitidine) possess side effect to suppress men potency!
Proton pumps inhibitors are healthier choice.

[Edited on 8-8-2007 by www]

Go To Top