Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: How do I make Chloroform
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 28-4-2008 at 01:39

Okay, my mistake. It is schedule 1 in several states and not federally.

Quote:
As far as the side discussion on diazepams: They are really quite different. Clonazepam will wipe your memory completely out for a good 15+hr plane ride, where di, tem, and a few of the others just make you relaxed. Not sure about flun- but I imagine it is similar to clon, or at least I don't doubt it's amnesic effects. Ever have someone come up to you in the terminal and ask if you got to call your buddy or not? And you didn't remember you had a 3-hr conversation with them on the plane about whether you'd need to buy a new SIM card to just make a quick call as you waited for a transfer? Creepy. Now I stay away from that crap.

I disagree. I have been through the four most common benzodiazepines (alprazolam, clonazepam, diazepam and lorazepam) and the only difference I have noticed is how much drowsiness is induced. The memory impairment is virtually the same (for me) and is only present when an above average dose is taken.

Quote:
Women who claim to be victims of 'date-rape' drugs such as Rohypnol have in fact been rendered helpless by binge-drinking, says a study by doctors.

They found no evidence that any woman seeking help from emergency doctors because their drinks were allegedly spiked had actually been given these drugs.
The 12-month study was based on 75 patients - mostly women - treated in casualty who told doctors their drinks had been tampered with in pubs or clubs.

But tests for drugs such as Rohypnol, GHB and ketamine found nothing, says the study published in the Emergency Medicine Journal.

It showed 65 per cent of women had 160mg of alcohol in their blood - twice the 80mg drink/drive limit - and a quarter were three times over the limit. Although all the patients denied taking drugs such as cocaine and amphetamine, one fifth tested positive.

I've been thinking the same thing for years. I had a feeling this is how it played out just from intuition based on years of being around people who like to "go out" and have a so called "good time". I know it sounds bad (and I am not biased because a good friend of mine was a victim of rape) but, IMO, a lot of the time when a woman gets drunk, has sex and regrets it (or gets pissed at the guy later on) they have a tendency to try and prove that it wasn't their fault or get revenge. IMO, if you don't wish to have lowered inhibitions then DON'T DRINK. I really don't have A LOT of simpathy for women who have sex with someone they don't like because of excessive drinking. Many times, the guy is just as drunk and surely means no harm.

My point is that sometimes it seems that this follows the rest of the country in trying to blame someone else for your own actions. Is it really rape most of the time? Probably. Are there many cases where a woman is just trying to place blame or be vengeful? I think so.

Another reason: I'm sure there have been men that went to jail because they had sex with a married woman (in a relationship) and the woman's significant other found out and she then claimed to have been raped. Yes, infedelity is wrong but it certainly should not be punished by law.

And before you guys start saying I'm sexist and I like to womanize, beat and rape women. Just know that I do think that the majority of these cases are legit. However, I also think that a large number are not.

Anyway, what was this thread about? Ha! Sorry for the OTness.

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
brew
Hazard to Self

Mood: enthralled

[*] posted on 29-4-2008 at 17:08

re "I would like to know how to use it so that i do not do anything dangerous or deadly."

Doing a thorough MSDS search on chemicals of interest is a good habit to get into. I did a lab tech course
some years ago and we could not touch a chemical unless we had learnt about its known handling/
compatability/storage issues. It was drummed into us and I am glad of this and need to remind myself
the importance of doing this still. Chemistry is fun but one surely doesn't want to learn from mistakes.

Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 30-4-2008 at 06:49

Many MSDS are uninformation and disinformation and anti-information. They seem to be written by gerbils.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
brew
Hazard to Self

Mood: enthralled

[*] posted on 30-4-2008 at 16:49

Agreed but its a place to at least start. I dare say sodium chloride is classified at toxic and hazardous- though i have not looked but do remember seeing various chemicals that I thought to be deemed safe as being presented with excess warning etc.
I suppose one has to use common sence and have at least a bit of a check with unknowns
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top