Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FTP
Eliteforum
National Hazard

Mood: Enjoying the journey

[*] posted on 4-11-2007 at 04:51
FTP

Does this website still have an active (current/live) FTP server going? If so, whom runs it, and what's the current stats?

All that glitters isn't gold.
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 4-11-2007 at 13:16
FTP & Website

Currently, I do. I'll have to check your account information and U2U when I get home tonight.
Also, I'm building a website for faster downloading because the upload speed from my ISP, at
96 kBYTES(768 KBITS) per second is pathetically slow. It will be quite some time before it's
operational but I clocked download speeds from it at almost 1 MBYTES per second.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Antwain
Hazard to Others

Mood: Supersaturated

[*] posted on 4-11-2007 at 15:19

Quote:
because the upload speed from my ISP, at
96 kBYTES(768 KBITS) per second is pathetically slow.

Hey, quit complaining!:P I have to deal with 48kBITS/s :(
Eliteforum
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-11-2007 at 07:31

Quote:
Originally posted by MadHatter
Currently, I do. I'll have to check your account information and U2U when I get home tonight.
Also, I'm building a website for faster downloading because the upload speed from my ISP, at
96 kBYTES(768 KBITS) per second is pathetically slow. It will be quite some time before it's
operational but I clocked download speeds from it at almost 1 MBYTES per second.

Cool beans. Was just asking as I'll be moving (yet again) and at my parents address, there is an unused cable connection that isn't hooked up to anything.

They only got it as it came as a package with the cable tv, telephone and broadband internet. They don't even own a PC..

Either way. I was thinking I could put my dual cpu server to some decent use and have it running headless so I can admin it from anywhere. Or running as a backup to yours.

Either way, it'll be another few weeks before I move all my stuff into my new address. I still have a lot of files from when I ran it a year or seven ago.

I've looked into hosting files on a website instead of a FTP, and most hosting packages that are within a reasonable price range (by reasonable I mean an amount I'm willing to pay each month/year and never expect a return on) just won't cut it. Or have stupid clauses in the TOS.

To make it work would require some very expensive hosting, and I don't know about you, but I don't earn money by the bucket load.

..yet. :P

Eliteforum
National Hazard

thumbup.gif posted on 11-11-2007 at 06:08
Update!

Just thought I'd post an update seeming as though I was little bored and had a few hours to waste. Server's up and running on Windows 2008 Datacentre Edition.

Stat's of server.

Bare board with CPU's and heatsinks.

Messy room + other junk.

Who needs a maid?

I've had the CPU's overclocked to 2GHz each but if it's going to be used as a server it needs to be stable so will be ran at the proper speeds. Also dissapointing is that the RAM is PC3200, yet only running at PC2100 due to motherboard limitations.

Also added a PCI SATA card, which is running a 200gb SATA HDD. Also added a 80gb IDE HDD. So around 260gb total free space after all updates/installations.

Go To Top