Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Research Paper - Organic Solar Systems - Norbornadiene?
dapper
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-11-2007 at 13:54
Research Paper - Organic Solar Systems - Norbornadiene?

I'm going to write a term paper for a class and we have quite a bit of leeway with topic selection. I was hoping to do something with an alternative energy/environmental bent and since I'm looking into graduate school in Organic I figured It'd be in my best interest to choose a topic within the field. I was hoping some articles or topics might have caught someone's attention, perhaps carbon nanotube solar cells or norbornadiene/quadricylane isomerization.

For a starting point I'm using JOChem 1981 Exploitation of solar energy storage systems. Valence isomerization between norbornadiene and Quadricylane derivatives - K Maruyama, K Terada, Y Yamamoto

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Dapper
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 25-11-2007 at 09:48

Valence isomerization of norbornadiene in polymer systems for solar energy storage
Xue Song Wang, Bao Wen Zhang and Yi Cao
Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, Volume 96, Issues 1-3, 31 May 1996, Pages 193-198

Abstract
Two new kinds of polymer, copolymer P1-2 and homopolymer P3, containing norbornadiene and carbazole pendants were synthesized. The i>hotoinduced valence isomerizations of norbornadiene to quadricyclane in polymer P~-2 and P3 were achieved by irradiation of visible light wavelength, greater than 350 nm) and an electron transfer mechanism was proposed. The back isomerization from quadricyclane to ~orbornadiene was also carded out for the polymer systems.

keywords: Polymers; Norbornadiene pendants; Carbazole pendants; Valence isomerization; Electron transfer

Attachment: Valence isomerization of norbornadiene in polymer systems for solar energy storage.pdf (415kB)
This file has been downloaded 900 times

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
dapper
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-11-2007 at 08:03

Thankyou very much Solo.
Jamjar
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-11-2007 at 08:21

Norbornadiene-Quadricyclane System in the Photochemical Conversion and Storage of Solar Energy

Constantine Phlllppopoulos, Dlmltrlos Economou, Constantlne Economou, and John Marangoris'
Laboratory of Chemical Process Engineering, National Technical University of A thens, A thens, Greece

Experimental data are presented on the photochemical conversion of norbornadiene to quadricyclane. Parameters
examined in the efficiency and kinetics of conversion were concentration effects and the presence of solvents
and photosensitizers. A model of a flat-plate, batch, photochemical solar collector was evaluated with the experimental
data and insolation information. Process analysis and preliminary economic evaluation of the system
are presented which point to the conclusion that the system is technically feasible but economically noncompetitive
at present

Go To Top