Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bombing False Flag?
VSEPR_VOID
International Hazard

Mood: Fullerenes

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 15:47
Bombing False Flag?

If you have been keeping up with the news you have heard that several IEDs were sent to Clinton, a CNN correspondent, Soros, and some other people.

I think that this is really fishy. Here is why:
1) The clock used has no alarm function

How would the clock set off the explosive material? What timing? Without an alarm function, buzzer, or anything it has no purpose. If someone was making real bombs why use a timer anyway? Photoressistros and a few caps make much more sense.

2)The leads exiting the electrons enter the body of the bomb at separate ends

Why different ends? If they go to an electric fuse or primer, they should be at one side, especially if its a pipe bomb because you want the hull to be as strong as possible.

3)The gauge of the wire is too big

To set off an electric match or primer, you do not need wires that think. Those wires could carry a few amps at 24V for several hours, you do not need wires that thick for the few watts it takes at 12V for a fraction of a second.

4)The body of the bomb looks non-metallic

It looks very shinny, not like some steel pipes.

5)White powder was sent as well

If someone has the expert skills necessary to collect, culture, and powder anthrax they would not use it in this way. Strong anthrax cultures are hard to find outside a lab. You would then need to culture them and make the spores into a powder. This all is very difficult. The last anthrax attack was committed by scientist at a BSL-4 lab, not Joe-Smoe. If someone was able to prepare an anthrax weapon, why mail it? Most mail to sensitive places is nuked via x-rays for this reason.

A white powder however is a great way to get attention. It is a excellent false flag.

[file]71469[/file]

[Edited on 25-10-2018 by VSEPR_VOID]

1540413177791.jpg - 235kB

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 15:53

As with most terrorists I think the best response in any case is not to give this individual attention, lest you inspire copycats. Of course, the newspapers would make less money if they didn't print a bunch of stories about this. (False flag terrorism is still terrorism.)

I'm not really up on my bomb-making techniques, though, I'm afraid.

[Edited on 04-20-1969 by clearly_not_atara]
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 16:42

Would you be using the phrase false flag if the items were sent to republicans?

"You're going to be all right, kid...Everything's under control." Yossarian, to Snowden
mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 16:45

Why would the functionality of such a device tell us anything about the allegiances of the people who built it?

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez
VSEPR_VOID
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 17:33

called it, glory be to Field Marshal VSEPR_VOID

[Edited on 25-10-2018 by VSEPR_VOID]

1540415053007.jpg - 92kB

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Mr. Rogers
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 17:35

It is fishy. I think it's just something designed to look "bomb-like".

Using a timer in a letter bomb is very strange. You would think you'd want the bomb to go off when the package is opened.
macckone
International Hazard

Mood: Electrical

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 19:19

Some of the bombs were made with PVC and some were reportedly made with traditional black iron pipe from the news reports but I haven't seen pictures.

As for the timer, there are different models in basically the same case. Nor does it exclude the modification of the clock.

Now points against this being someone with actual bomb making capability. Using PVC will cause injury but isn't the best material. The black iron is better. Also the wire entry method is stupid the bomb disposal expert is correct. There are way better ways to wire a bomb. And a clock is also stupid for a mail bomb, assuming the clock and wires aren't a decoy and there isn't another mechanism we don't see in the photo.

As for the white powder, the last time that was used a couple of weeks ago, the guy was sending ricin and it wasn't political. It was some ex-military guy from utah pissed off about having to register as a sex offender after getting caught with an under age girl.

I haven't seen any reports of powder associated with this that are reliable. There was also a report of a bomb sent to the whitehouse, which was false.

Over all assessment, no clue who did it or why. Nor from one photo can I say it is fake.
BUT I have seen plenty of republicans on facebook saying that blowing up the people sent bombs would be a good thing. Which is pretty despicable.
macckone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 21:22

There was an official FBI statement that the bombs were rudimentary but functional.

I take that to mean they were poorly designed but still would have worked.
It still doesn't tell us if the clock was a decoy or an actual component but guessing it was a component.
That would explain why none of the bombs went off.
VSEPR_VOID
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 21:39

Quote: Originally posted by macckone  
There was an official FBI statement that the bombs were rudimentary but functional.

I take that to mean they were poorly designed but still would have worked.
It still doesn't tell us if the clock was a decoy or an actual component but guessing it was a component.
That would explain why none of the bombs went off.

That is funny. To think that someone is so adept they cant glue pipes to a clock together proficiently. Its astonishing, it bares more resemblance to a crappy prop than anything dangerous.

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
macckone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 22:15

They were apparently timed.
So they would have gone off if they had sat there.
But timing mail delivery doesn't work very well.

They had an x-ray.
It appears the wires were attached directly to the circuit board of the clock.
It also looks like the igniter was resistance wire.

My guess is that this was black powder or triple base powder.
The resistance wire igniter would make sense with the dual ended entry into the pipe.
So not totally inept.
macckone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 22:29

ps. additional info, there was broken glass used as a shrapnel.
All of the bombs were apparently PVC.
There was a mention of white powder in the envelope which may simply be glass.

Additional x-rays seem to confirm the basic design.
And it is basic.
RogueRose
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-10-2018 at 22:48

From the description of the devices it doesn't seem like these were meant to be active devices or meant to hurt anyone. I think a possible reason for using such large wires was so that it would be more easily detected by scanning machines as if you used something like 24-28g wire, it would be much thinner and possibly undetected by a scanning machine but would still work for the job (and be more effective at slipping by detection).

To me this looks totally like a false flag and whether it was perpetrated by someone within the Dem party or just someone who wanted to garner support for the Dem's is currently unknown - it also seems that it was specifically done so that they would be caught and that conservative's would be blamed 24/7 in the media.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 02:42

Quote: Originally posted by VSEPR_VOID  

That is funny. To think that someone is so adept[sic] they cant glue pipes to a clock together proficiently. Its astonishing, it bares[sic] more resemblance to a crappy prop than anything dangerous.

It's certainly nothing to do with the terminally under-educated, make-believe president who is inciting violence in his rabid, under-educated rabble at every opportunity!

And does anyone expect ignorant, barely literate Trumptards to have the competence needed to produce viable IEDs in the first place?

Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Aromatic

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 02:46

Oh give me a break. Even Rachel Maddow spent half her program explaining that this was probably just someone with an axe to grind and a few screws loose, and that no good would come from jumping to conclusions. The FBI and ATF know how to deal with things like this, and they're on it.

There is literally no significance to the thickness of the wires, that's probably just the size he had. Or he wanted to make sure they were stiff and/or thick enough to stay in place, or he drilled the holes a bit too big and needed thicker wire that could fit into them better.

The only thing any "conservatives" are getting blamed for is constant, shameless lying, and their self-serving defense of Mr. Bonesaw. Whoever made these bombs most likely had ... unorthodox ... political leanings, if I had to make a guess. It wouldn't be anyone who had any DNC inside knowledge, since a stunt like that forces them to take a break from their campaigning to assess the risks, while the RNC is able to continue their shenanigans with relatively little interference.

The first step in the process of learning something is admitting that you don't know it already.

I'm givin' the spam shields max power at full warp, but they just dinna have the power! We're gonna have to evacuate to new forum software!
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 04:10

Quote: Originally posted by clearly_not_atara  
As with most terrorists I think the best response in any case is not to give this individual attention, lest you inspire copycats. Of course, the newspapers would make less money if they didn't print a bunch of stories about this. (False flag terrorism is still terrorism.)

I'm not really up on my bomb-making techniques, though, I'm afraid.

the pictures I've seen look like lazy movie props from some one who's never seen a real explosive imo

but there are some serious idiots out there, so just depends on what side the moron was from.
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 04:23

Quote: Originally posted by hissingnoise  

That is funny. To think that someone is so adept[sic] they cant glue pipes to a clock together proficiently. Its astonishing, it bares[sic] more resemblance to a crappy prop than anything dangerous.

It's certainly nothing to do with the terminally under-educated, make-believe president who is inciting violence in his rabid, under-educated rabble at every opportunity!

And does anyone expect ignorant, barely literate Trumptards to have the competence needed to produce viable IEDs in the first place?

TDS it's real folks, and it is sad to observe when it gets triggered
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 05:34

Quote:
TDS it's real folks, and it is sad to observe when it gets triggered

Wow! You trumptards are beyond stupid ─ if your IQ wasn't so disastrously sub-normal, you'd know that I'm watching your depressing WH shit-show from a 'respectful, 3000 mile diplomatic' distance!

Gotta say, though, it was funny to see your so-called "president" walking around with the last piece of toilet-paper he used stuck to his shoe.

That the 'glue' that held it there was trump's own faeces is somewhat less so...

Did he drag his shit onto the 'plane, though, that's the question?

VSEPR_VOID
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 05:43

Relax, we are just talking about this strange little PVC pipe with a clock stuck to it, not who sent it or for what reason.

I think black powder and a filament is a good idea, but I do not think that clock has enough watts to pull it off. In addition if you can make black powder it would make sense you could make much more powerful mixtures. It does not add up.

Why would they x-ray a potentially armed pipe bomb? Why not destroy them remotely? Why did none of them activate?

Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
Within cells interlinked
mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 05:51

Relax, we are just talking about this strange little PVC pipe with a clock stuck to it, not who sent it or for what reason.

The title of the thread is "Bombing False Flag?", and several posts follow through on this topic.

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez
phlogiston
International Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 07:24

We once had a rule that we would not discuss politics on this forum.

Is that still a rule we have?

-----
"If a rocket goes up, who cares where it comes down, that's not my concern said Wernher von Braun" - Tom Lehrer
Texium (zts16)
Administrator

Mood: Organiking

[*] posted on 25-10-2018 at 07:39

Yes- that rule is still in place. This thread has clearly been politically motivated from the start.

Texium (zts16)
Administrator
Thread Moved
25-10-2018 at 07:40

Go To Top