Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Perkin-Elmer 467 Infrared Spectrophotometer
benzylchloride1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Pushing the envelope of synthetic chemistry in one's basement

[*] posted on 21-2-2008 at 17:18
Perkin-Elmer 467 Infrared Spectrophotometer

I purchased a Perkin- Elmer 467 IR spectrophotometer off of Ebay yesterday. I contacted Perkin- Elmer to see if I could obtain a manual. They said that they would photocopy a manual for $75.00. This is outrageous! Does anyone on the forum know anything about this instrument, where to obtain the special paper required, and possibly a manual?
This would help alot.
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 21-2-2008 at 23:04
answers and some questions on the 237B

I have a 237B I got free. Call P-E and they will find and email a manual to you. PM me for info on consumables. I edited to add that I seem to recall I emailed them from their web site. Either way they'll get it to you free. You will want to be familiar with McCarthy Scientific and Buck Scientific. Tom Black Service Center in Yorba Linda, CA can help with problems and parts. Don't buy a KBr press-I just made one and have extra pieces I can send you. Do get a polystyrene card.

I have a question too: The 237B is a dual scan machine. It scans from 2000/cm to 625/cm and from 4000/cm to 1250/cm. As you can see, one range is stretched relative to the other and there is considerable overlap. I wonder if anyone has ever used one of these and knows why the ranges are the way they are?

[Edited on 21-2-2008 by chemrox]

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
benzylchloride1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Pushing the envelope of synthetic chemistry in one's basement

[*] posted on 22-2-2008 at 20:37

My IR is a Perkin-Elmer 467. I contacted Perkin-Elmer, but the manual was over $75.00 for a photocopy. I would like to post some pictures of this instrument, but I do not know how to go about this. I also purchased a liquid sample cell for running spectrums of volatile liquids. What type of sample cell is required for KBr pellets? I am just getting started in IR, I have learned some information from the organic chemistry class I am taking at the university, but the emphasis has been on NMR which is very useful, but unaffordable. Could Tetrachloroethylene which is available as CRC brake kleen be used as an IR solvent after distillation?
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
19-11-2023 at 12:24

Go To Top