Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: 6km/sec VOD From Cast NaCLO4 Composition
pjig
Hazard to Others

Mood: always learning

[*] posted on 15-1-2024 at 10:23

Not to beat a dead horse , but the original patent claimed a matrix that would react with the oxidizer to form a self curing / vulcanizing castable solid. Is there any success’s with that mix? (W/o) the horse shit and gravy misleading variations.
It’s a novel idea (priming mix out of otc materials. )
I understand that the base mix your describing is the functional one. And from the looks of it if heat cast , should perform close to the patents claims(6-7k)vod.
I guess circling back to the original claims, the lack of “heat casting” is the attractive thing. A self curing cast material via chemical reaction or dehydration causing a cross-link to increase density.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 16-1-2024 at 01:18

Quote: Originally posted by Sir_Gawain  
What’s the point of the green dye? Besides making it look nice, of course.:D

This color as original manufacture concentration contents 91% H2O (very important for dissolving NaClO4) + catalyseurs + fuel, which replace partially guar gum and compounds, which increase sensitivity. It was examined in video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBLVo-u-XGM

Dry pigment + AP is burning basically without residuum...:cool:

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
EF2000
Hazard to Others

Mood: wrooom

[*] posted on 16-1-2024 at 01:56

Also, if les gendarmes come to visit you, you can always say that it's dried acrylic paint, absolutely honestly.

Wroom wroom
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-1-2024 at 05:06

Quote: Originally posted by EF2000  
Also, if les gendarmes come to visit you, you can always say that it's dried acrylic paint, absolutely honestly.

Of course, for entire years I only have colors of different densities and shades in stock. Nothing else......:D

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
pjig
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-1-2024 at 08:32

I see in the video the use of Ap as the oxidizer. But your text above is saying naclo4( probably answering previous messages) but different from the original cast mix. Are these salts interchangeable with same weights ? (Greenolite) you claim in a prior text not using the AP for the cast mix… just clarifying…making sure I understand correctly
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-1-2024 at 11:47

.....pjig.....in 0:25 - 0:30 is used NaClO4. Video is only demonstration of properties of dry color pigment.

pjig
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-1-2024 at 08:15

Ok Ty for the info. Curious if any acrylic paint will work for this function, or does it need to be the fluorescent type you showed in previous text. I found some cheap acrylic I wonder if it is usable through this formulation.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-1-2024 at 14:08

Tested was only fluorescent type. Green, red, orange, yellow, blue. This types works.

pjig
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-1-2024 at 19:28

So the paints function was a binder , fuel , and a colorant? If acrylic is the fuel , and another paint similar had approximately same h2o content, theoretically it could be interchangeable . ;)
pjig
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-3-2024 at 23:18

Forgive my pressing the matter….. I just am bugged by the “self vulcanizing composition “ . It is a incredibly simple but complex matrix chemical reaction that haunts my creative mind. I know it is a patent nightmare, misleading info. Etc but I’d like to find the gold at the end of the rainbow….. myth or not …. There has to be some simple cross linking science to back this up . A matrix that self vulcanizes to a solid detonatable material . Nitrate activated matrix that solidifies chemically to a primer capable material. Forgive my obsession…. It just irritates me can’t break down this patent
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-3-2024 at 00:29

Paints content by important order: Water, senzitizer, binder, colorant. Activated matrix by nitrate for primary use is theory of future.

Mush
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-3-2024 at 09:56

Quote: Originally posted by jpsmith123  
Thanks for that interesting patent regarding methylamine perchlorate.

BTW, it seems the commercial sodium perchlorate explosive is called "Dynoseis".

According to the MSDS, the proportions are as follows:

Sodium Perchlorate (CAS 7601-89-0) 66 to 72%
Diethylene Glycol (CAS 111-46-6) 22 to 27%

I couldn't find any published performance specifications (at least in any Dyno Nobel literature) , but I did find some data from another company that supposedly tested it.
Density: 1.78 c/cc
Det. Velocity: 22,000 ft/sec
Det. Pressure: 200 Kbar
Gas Volume: 23.2 moles/kg

This is the reference:
High energy explosive for seismic methods
EP1307765B1
Note above patent mentions different composition .

Thirty-two sets of test explosions were done. Each set consisted of four test explosions, one test explosion with each of four different explosives. One of the four explosives used was a high energy melt cast explosive (HEMCE) in accordance with the present invention. The HEMCE consisted of 20 wt% aluminum particulate (average particle size about 20 microns) and 80 wt% of a first explosive material that comprised 30 wt% diethylene glycol and 70 wt% ammonium perchlorate. Other explosives tested included: Dynoseis (commercially available from Dyno Nobel), Dyno AP (commercially available from Dyno Nobel), and Iremite TX (commercially available from Dyno Nobel). Dynoseis and Dyno AP are explosives currently used in explosive seismic energy sources for petroleum and gas exploration. Dynoseis comprises 30 wt% diethylene glycol and 70 wt% ammonium perchlorate, but it does not comprise any oxidizable metal material. Dyno AP comprises ammonium perchlorate. Iremite TX is an emulsion explosive that has not been used in petroleum and gas exploration. It is an aluminum nitrate-based trenching explosive typically used in mining, and comprises about 8 wt% aluminum.

Dynoseis:30 wt% diethylene glycol and 70 wt% ammonium perchlorate
Detonation Velocity :6705 m/s

HEMCE: 20 wt% aluminum , 80 wt% of a first explosive material that comprised 30 wt% diethylene glycol and 70 wt% ammonium perchlorate
DV:5529 m/s

Dyno AP(according to its msds ,it does not containe ammonium perchlorate, patent stated otherwise):
Ammonium Nitrate 6484-52-2 60-80%
Sodium Nitrate 7631-99-4 10-18%
Aluminum 7429-90-5 0-15 %
Mineral Oil 64742-35-4 0-3 %
DV:4693 m/s , Unconfined @ 32 mm (1 1/4 in) diameter

IREMITE® TX. : no info found , phased out product or renamed

There is a need for improved seismic methods and geophysical survey systems that rely on explosive compo-sitions that convert a higher percentage of the potential energy in the explosive composition into seismic energy. There is also a need for improved methods and systems that efficiently generate low frequency seismic waves when needed.
Furthermore, it would be advantageous to be able to use shallower boreholes and less explosive to achieve the necessary level of data resolution for geophysical survey. US3496040 discloses a blasting composition comprising about 16-25 weight percent water, 42-55 weight percent ammonium nitrate, 10-20 weight percent aluminium particles, about 2-10 weight percent hexamethylenetetramine and sufficient water- soluble thickening agent to stabilise the composition against settling of solids. Not more than 2 percent of the aluminium particles are smaller than 50 mesh (US standard) size (ie, 297 ^m).

dynoseis.jpg - 129kB

[Edited on 9-3-2024 by Mush]
pjig
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-3-2024 at 08:26

That vod seems very high for the AP perchlorate /glycol 70-30 mix.
In same ball park as the Sodium perchlorate mix… (non aluminized)
Just curious if it is #8 sensitive or requires a big booster to push it …
Thank you for sharing that patent .
I’m assuming starting perchlorate is finely ground and dry to start with for proper weights , but may not be completely necessary,having a margin for water in the mix and particulate size of said perchlorate. (-200mesh or industry standard)
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top