Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: I quit
plante1999
International Hazard

Mood: Mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 04:46
I quit

I quit sciencemadness.

I do not have the patience for this forum in these changing times; More and more people are asking questions already answered if they would care to use the search function, and there is less interesting and well performed chemistry being reported by members. Also, old member with experience are very often ill-treated. Tired of the "legal" drug cook thread, kewl wanting a fast bang or looking for precursors. I have the feeling the quality of sciencemadness deteriorated in the last few years ( from 2009). I also have the feeling some moderators should quit there moderator status, not because they are not good, but because they are not enough active, they probably have a lots of things to do other than managing the forum. The member publication as not been updated in years.

Sciencemadness is rotting.

When I see an interesting experiment, either there is no development, or people find it too exotic, doesn't give a fuck, and the guy stop experimenting on it. I even experienced similar problems. Don't get me wrong, there is member doing good work here, but they are very limited. I did my last cries from the heart in the thread about prepublication. The final cut was this thread:

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=24845

I tried to be nice with the original poster, explaining him why it would work better via the way I proposed, and after my last reply, the OP blatantly ignored me.

The ones that want to contact me can via my website, on its forum, contact me button or on HClO3@hotmail.com.

Best Regards
Plante1999

I never asked for this.
elementcollector1
International Hazard

Mood: Molten

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 06:29

Well, if you really feel this way, I'm not one to stop you from leaving. Personally, I think some more warning needs to be put in about the search engine - for example, a notice button at the top of the message board stating "Before you post, use Google to search if your topic has been covered before", instead of telling them to UTFSE right off the bat (after all, not everyone reads the FAQs).

Elements Collected:52/87
Latest Acquired: Cl
Next in Line: Nd
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 06:42

Of course you don't have the patience. Patience comes with age and you're only 17. I've been on SM for, wow... um... 10 years next month (didn't think it's been that long) and like most longtime members I have seen the forum change over the years but it's still a great forum. But you decide your level of involvement. You don't have to read every post that filters through or answer every question. Some people do simply use SM to post their own discussions or results and ignore the rest, that's fine. Whereas some people enjoy reading every single post and trying to figure out how they can help or what kind of snide comment they can make.

Plenty of people quit, be it for lifestyle change (can't use chems at new apartment), change in personal taste, irreconcilable differences with other forum members (a divorce in which the divorcee gets the kids AKA SM), or degradation of forum quality. But that doesn't mean the person can't come back to the forum. This post will be forgotten quickly like MoonMonster or "Inverted Penis". In any other forum I would frown on this type of post as one last stick in the eye. I mean, why would anyone feel self important enough to think that everyone should know they are quitting the forum (especially in a forum with 13000+ members, people quit all the time) however on this forum it does serve one important function on this forum. It lets us know that the reason you stopped posted to this forum was NOT because you were killed in action.

It seems people hardly care when you're gone, they only care when you're around. Best of luck in your new endeavors and remember you can always come back.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 06:55

Besides, our search engine sucks. Once you get a certain amount of information in your head you become the search engine and that moment of annoyance you have can save someone hours upon hours. There are quite a few members I have noticed with low (<100) post counts that are asking a lot of questions lately (the straw that broke the camel's back?) but I also see great potential in them because of the kinds of questions they are asking. Yes, they are questions that have been asked a million times before, but that is because they are the kinds of questions anyone wanting to seriously consider this hobby needs to ask.

Where do I get my sulfuric acid? Can I make it? What do you mean I can't get >70% concentration by distillation, WTF is an azeotrope? Is it normal for my skin to turn yellow after contact with nitric acid?

I always thought there should be a primer covering these sorts of simple questions (welcome to the wonderful world of quasi-legal home chemistry) and at one time I set myself down to write said book (and failed). But the truth of the matter is this information is important to have and it is spread out everywhere. Threads that cover everything become monsters, other subjects are fragmented beyond belief. That is where the old men of the forum shine. And that is the reason I still come here even though I have no experiments to confess.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
DJF90
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 07:06

I agree alot with Plante on some of his points. I think there is alot of bone idleness amongst some users and even some established members. Not very often do members seem to search for answers before asking their question here, expecting everyone else to do their leg work. Personally I think the number of questions I have asked is rather limited, because I'm competent enough to read books and use a search engine (google works well).

I've learnt to filter through threads based on the title and whether I believe I'd consider it interesting. Newbie threads don't get my attention anymore, unless I feel it is something obscure that I may be able to help on. Considering I'm a chemist by vocation, and I've been through the system, I know how hard it can be to find explanations for some things, and it is these I look out to lend a hand with.

As for blatent cookery threads, these deserve no place here, even when discussed with a proper scientific etiquette. However we have some threads that describe the preparation of compounds that are potential drug precursors, but some of these compounds have other more legitimate uses that I'd like to see exploited.

One exmaple is the p-methoxyphenol thread in which Klute and Peach provided phototutorials in. This compound can be used to make 2-hydroxy-5-methoxybenzaldehyde via the Mg-mediated formylation reaction. The product of this reaction is almost exclusively progressed to 2,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde as a precursor to phenethylamine compounds. One thing I would have liked to have seen is using the 5-methoxysalicylaldehyde to make the analogous "Salen" type ligands, and some metal complexes of these, such as one of the early catalysts used by Katsuki for asymmetric epoxidation.

As for ScienceMadness rotting, I'm not so sure. It has certainly appeared to degrade in the frequency of quality posts. What it requires is those leading members (and other members willing to be trendsetters) to resume experimentation and reporting results in the same high quality context we've become accustomed to. Unfortunately I understand that people have other things to do in life, and despite this there are certain members that put out a steady supply of experimentals (Woelen and Magpie for example, amongst others). Klute was another member that was always at the front of the pack, though I beleive he's moved over the past couple of years and hasn't re-established his lab.

What it needs is for those amongst us who are willing and capable to perform new experiments and post detailed pictorials to do so. Hopefully others will follow suit. Perhaps you should consider staying and become a leader of the pack, Plante?
amazingchemistry
Hazard to Others

Mood: Excited

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 13:33

As a relatively new forum member, I will say that I'm very grateful I found this forum. There are not many other forums like it on the web (It was here that I learned about versuchschemie, but I don't speak german, so it's of little use to me). I agree that there are things that need to improve, but I wouldn't say this is a dying forum. As for the lack of experimentation, you can set an example plante by completing new experiments. I for one would be glad to discuss them with you with my relatively little knowledge of chemistry. As for myself, I have a couple of ideas in my head for experiments I'd like to perform, but I have no equipment or place to perform them as of yet, so they are just ideas. Bromic's book project seems to be an example of what happens in SM. A good idea emerges, then there is a lot of push, then it slowly peters out, only to be picked up again by some other enthusiastic forum member. It's because of things like this that I think this forum still has it's place. A little "advertising" wouldn't hurt though. Getting more members numberwise would ensure that at least a couple are as committed to the forum as people like Bromic or Woelen. Then, if you want, you can ignore the other posts. One of the ideas that have been circulating in my head is to submit a paper to a journal (something like the Journal of Chemical Education) that is the work of at least some members of the community and where the community contributions are acknowledged. Perhaps then we can elevate the forum's profile a bit and hopefully get new blood.

Always remember to check your pride at the door and ask that "stupid" question. Learning comes from having your "stupid" questions answered.
plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 14:52

I will need to think to this, thanks for input.

Although I don't like to be compared to people being called inverted penis.

@Bromic:

I was in the idea people where asking why old timer had quit, some where asking if they knew where they had gone etc... I tough it was a good idea to mention my motivations, in hope it may help the board.

If people forget me, and the quality of post continue to decrease, so be it.

May people like bfesser be moderators, they got time to "clean" the board, even if it is only for a short time.

I never asked for this.
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 15:35

Personally I love your work planet, and would be sad to see you go. Deff have to keep in touch outside the forum if you split. Members like you who do ballsy new( or rarely @ home) and challenging chem are fun to read posters. I could see how a bunch of already covered topic questions and other issues like increasing spam, Jeze I hate that, could seem stifling, but it all comes in cycles. Not all that long ago I was one of the uninitiated asking all kinds of questions and posting stuff in the wrong section with only wiki( or no) citing.

That was because, even though I read the rules, I didn't know all the info offered here. Like how to find scientific papers, request references, use the search properly, know how to present ideas in the propped manner or have a general feeling for the attitude of solid long term members. I mean at one point I flipped out on lambdaeyed because I though his post was an assault, but it was merely a request for more info on my suggestion. I apologized and we moved forward.

If we could fix something better for the search I think a lot of the double( triple etc) thread openings for one topic would dramatically fall off alleviating much strife. Even if it was just a link to google with the scimad part already typed, just waiting for your key words. Sounds lazy not to do it your self but some would rather just ask than look. Perhaps some one to tutor the newblood in the ways of info gathering.

Maybe sci mad is fine just the way it is/ has been. If one can't use or acquire the patients to find fulfilling interactions , they move on. Some times for the betterment of the community some times to its detriment. I have found times that I check in and promptly leave because of the quality or content of the prevalent post toppics at the time. Coming here only to find energetics or drug precursor topics bores me. People get tired of it and the focus shifts. Ya can see it as an impetus to post better subjects or just come back later. No biggie man. I hope ya stick around or at least check in from time to time. Not everyone can do the fun shit you do, but it doesn't stop them from reading up on the subject to be involved in the discussion. And if no one is bringing up cool projects then its hard to discuss w/o a man/woman watching glassware and taking notes ya know
-Violet Sin-
cyanureeves
National Hazard

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 16:55

i for one click on any post and right away notice that most are way more advance than me.many people duplicate experiments that ya'll do or try to duplicate and fail and wait until it is explained in easier terms.some very knowledgable members are willing to break things down in simple terms just for the sake of teaching.sciencemadness has freaking pros that take time to explain things and that has kept people from getting blown up,poisoned,jailed and hurting others.reconsider this plante and rattle some cages instead like the old pros sometimes do when they get rude.chemists are known for being argumentive zealots anyways.;) sciencemadness has that many members?WOW! world wide.

[Edited on 7-1-2013 by cyanureeves]
sargent1015
Hazard to Others

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 19:40

Quote: Originally posted by BromicAcid  

and at one time I set myself down to write said book (and failed).

Haha, owch! Good to see you back on the forum BromicAcid! I have not forgotten about the book project, I think everyday how much I'd love to finish it completely. But (always a but), senior year of undergraduate is stressful, chaotic, and busy.

I am still optimistic that I will be able to devote more time to it. I agree strongly with chemistry education and amatuer experimentalism and will always do everything in my power to promote and help it grow.

Which makes me sad that we are losing plante, a fantastic, motivated, and ballsy young chemist. Reconsider Plante, you will always have friends here. :)

The Home Chemist Book web page and PDF. Help if you want to make Home Chemist history! http://www.bromicacid.com/bookprogress.htm
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 19:48

IIRC you came here postulating your deathwish (or at least the wish to permanently maim yourself) by making elemental fluorine?
Was beating "how make AP?" and "How I cookie meth?" by length, I was impressed then. Cool! I thought, or was it "kewl"? Doesnt matter anymore as you decided to leave us.

So I bid you a "fare thy well!" and for your journey I present you with a mirror, in which you may look before you talk in future.

AND NOBODY IS GOING TO SPEAK BAD ABOUT MY FRIEND MOONMONSTER! DAMN IT! Miss him. He knew the Äther he made Phlogiston!

regards
/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
froot
Hazard to Others

Mood: refluxed

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 23:31

Clap clap clap. That was a cunning way to promote your website and it's advertisers. Tell us, how much has your revenue improved since you posted this topic?

Never has it been easier to ignore people that annoy you than on an internet based forum. That's no excuse. Mods here are doing a great job, and in case you're not aware of it, this website has something I've never seen elsewhere, an automated moderator code that eliminates spam by empowering users without increasing their permission set, thanks to forward thinking leadership.

I've always enjoyed your posts Plante, you are one of a few members here that inspire me and I'm really sorry to see your contributions come to an end, and thank you for them. But - the circumstances under which you leave us is not anyone's doing but yours and that really annoys me. I cannot see how anybody here can take any blame for your departure.

Nice try.

We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 23:33

It is sad to see a member like plante1999 leave. I also like his enthusiasm and the things he achieves on a low budget and very limited resources. But on the other hand, as others already mentioned, he soon will be forgotten. Nobody is irreplaceable. Compare it to a pond filled with water. Take out some volume of water and after a short period of transient rippling and disturbance the volume will be refilled by other parts of the water.

Plante1999: This thread is the transient rippling! Soon it will be buried and time does the rest to make it forgotten. Is this what you want?

Being on a forum like this is a matter of giving and a matter of taking. If you have more knowledge, experience and resources, then it will be more giving than taking, if you have a lot to learn, then it will be more taking than giving. But this is what I like about this forum. Of course, there are the cooks, the trolls, and k3wls, but sometimes there are young gems on the forum. You are one of those gems. The presence of such gems is one of the reasons why I keep visiting science madness. Encouraging these gems to do experiments, to teach themselves some science and see them develop from eager somewhat kewlish (mostly) guys to people who do amazing things with very limited resources. And especially with young gems, sometimes they come, shine and then go again. This is just how life works. They finish their studies, need to find a house, they get a family and so on. And then... years later, they appear again when all the dust of their life has settled again and they become active members again who do experiments again!

Your role can change during your stay at the forum. You have a lot of knowledge for your age and you can help others. Do not expect immediate 180 degree turns of other people, but in the long run your enthusiasm will kindle the enthusiasm in other people and will make new gems in the community.

Another thing is that you soon will see that having no contact with others and doing every experiment alone will be much less fun. Discussing things, having ideas from other members, making other members enthusiastic, such that they also do your experiment, that is another fun part of the forum.

So, will you be one of those forgotten and refilled voids in the pond of water or will you be here, enjoying the ups (and yes, sometimes downs) of being part of a community where nice ideas are exchanged, despite the noise of k3wls and cooks? The choice is yours....

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Tdep
National Hazard

Mood: PhD is done! It isn't good but it's over lol

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 01:45

Quote:
Encouraging these gems to do experiments, to teach themselves some science and see them develop from eager somewhat kewlish (mostly) guys to people who do amazing things with very limited resources.

Can I just chime in and say that this site has inspired me so much. Like it sounds corny when I say it like that and I know I haven't been around long but seriously this site is what keeps my joy of home chemistry alive in the face of hours of dull teaching and mind numbingly dull pracs I have to manage at school (not trying to sound pig headed here but I really do have a very very dull teacher).

So maybe i'm one of the newbies that Plante was talking about, causing this site to degrade. And if I am, I'm terribly sorry. But above the things that i've learnt from this site the most importants things are that I see others share my love of chemistry, that chemistry extends further than the year 12 curriculum (contrary to my teacher's beliefs) and that i'm safe.

You all get so caught up in all the bad things that can happen here like kewls and cools and whatnot but I really believe this site promotes self thinking, self preservation and a love of science that is needed in today's society.

Anyway. Probably not the place for a speel. But newbie remember (although you probably stay a new guy on this site for a very long time...)
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 04:39

Quote: Originally posted by froot  
Clap clap clap. That was a cunning way to promote your website and it's advertisers. Tell us, how much has your revenue improved since you posted this topic?

Nice try.

Oh, FFS Frooty. It would have been much more 'profitable' for him to STAY.

What you know about internet revenue would fit on one side of a very small stamp.

It's twits like you this forum doesn't need. Please effoff. Alternatively, engage brain before keyboard next time you want to write something potentially libellous.

[Edited on 1-7-2013 by blogfast25]

plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 05:44

“an automated moderator code that eliminates spam by empowering users without increasing their permission set,”

It is not because there is automated code that moderator should be inactive.

“So, will you be one of those forgotten and refilled voids in the pond of water or will you be here, enjoying the ups (and yes, sometimes downs) of being part of a community where nice ideas are exchanged, despite the noise of k3wls and cooks?”

@Woelen:
I would like to know if there was a possibility for member like Bfesser, that have time to clean the board, to make it better, could become moderator. To purge the board from the cookery, precursors and K3wl thread. Also, if the member publication could be updated. Some moderator here are extremely inactive, and yet no new moderators are added. I can think to a certain moderator which was extremely inactive, and then, suddenly made quite a few posts yesterday, I wonder why…

“What it needs is for those amongst us who are willing and capable to perform new experiments and post detailed pictorials to do so. Hopefully others will follow suit. Perhaps you should consider staying and become a leader of the pack, Plante?”

“As for the lack of experimentation, you can set an example plante by completing new experiments. I for one would be glad to discuss them with you with my relatively little knowledge of chemistry”

I could do so for sure, but not sure how it would go, I guess we must try to know.

“I hope ya stick around or at least check in from time to time.”

“reconsider this plante and rattle some cages instead like the old pros sometimes do when they get rude.”

“Reconsider Plante, you will always have friends here.”
“The choice is yours.... “

I’m reconsidering, but it ENTIRELY depend on Woelen answer. Don’t worry, I will check in quit often, but won’t post if I quit definitely, it is more of an implication quit.

“Coming here only to find energetics or drug precursor topics bores me. People get tired of it and the focus shifts.”

That’s mostly what I find depressing, some cleaning should be done.

“Which makes me sad that we are losing plante, a fantastic, motivated, and ballsy young chemist.”

“I've always enjoyed your posts Plante, you are one of a few members here that inspire me and I'm really sorry to see your contributions come to an end, and thank you for them. “

“It is sad to see a member like plante1999 leave. I also like his enthusiasm and the things he achieves on a low budget and very limited resources.”
Thanks for the comments, but like woelen said, everyone is replacable…

“IIRC you came here postulating your deathwish (or at least the wish to permanently maim yourself) by making elemental fluorine?
Was beating "how make AP?" and "How I cookie meth?" by length, I was impressed then. Cool! I thought, or was it "kewl"? Doesnt matter anymore as you decided to leave us.”

It was beating Making AP or cooking meth by thousands of them, it may be really dangerous, but it was chemistry for the science, not for lazy fun or fast money.

“Soon it will be buried and time does the rest to make it forgotten. Is this what you want?”

“Another thing is that you soon will see that having no contact with others and doing every experiment alone will be much less fun. Discussing things, having ideas from other members, making other members enthusiastic, such that they also do your experiment, that is another fun part of the forum.”

It is not what I want at all you know, I quit not because I want to, it is hard to, I quit because the forum condition is starting to affect my personal life.

“Clap clap clap. That was a cunning way to promote your website and it's advertisers. Tell us, how much has your revenue improved since you posted this topic? “

“ I cannot see how anybody here can take any blame for your departure. “

“Nice try”

I can very easily why some people could take the blame, and I don’t have to search very far. And just for your comment, my website will be closed until new order, my advertiser will understand, I’m sure.

“And if I am, I'm terribly sorry.”

Simply that remove the bad you could have done.

I never asked for this.
halogen
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 07:41

Grow up, Plante.
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 07:52

Quote: Originally posted by plante1999  

It is not what I want at all you know, I quit not because I want to, it is hard to, I quit because the forum condition is starting to affect my personal life.

Plante I think you are taking yourself and this forum too seriously. The forum shouldn't be your life, just an enjoyable, intellectually stimulating part of it. If you have something more important to do at the time, then do that. You can check-in to the forum and leave at your convenience, no questions asked. I like Organikum's quip that he liked the forum because it "...was so easy to get rid of unwanted guests."

I have always found it surprising that even though chemistry is extremely broad-based, few people in this world of billions, where millions must be interested in chemistry, actually participate in this forum. Where else can you find so many learned and talented people? Where else can you find so many people who actually perform experiments at home and then report the results?

If you don't like the posts of kewls and cooks, don't click on them. Personally I find they provide comic relief.

And please, let's not be so hard on froot. He has provided some very good posts.

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 08:24

.....because you're young some allowances can be overlooked, but to gripe and want to pick up your marbles and run off is your choice, tolerance and allowing others to explore the chemistry of their choice as you practice the synthesis of your linking.

Part of growing up is having a broader understanding that we're not alone and the sun also shines on others....you and others have made the mistake of this assumption....the world doesn't evolve around your axis......get over it ....practice that on your next stop!.....solo

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
woelen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 10:26

Quote:
[...]@Woelen: I would like to know if there was a possibility for member like Bfesser, that have time to clean the board, to make it better, could become moderator. To purge the board from the cookery, precursors and K3wl thread. Also, if the member publication could be updated. Some moderator here are extremely inactive, and yet no new moderators are added. I can think to a certain moderator which was extremely inactive, and then, suddenly made quite a few posts yesterday, I wonder why…

[...]

I’m reconsidering, but it ENTIRELY depend on Woelen answer. Don’t worry, I will check in quit often, but won’t post if I quit definitely, it is more of an implication quit.[...]

First I want to say that it is not wise to let your decision depend on the answer of just a single person. All moderators are doing their best to keep the forums tidy. We put a lot of effort in removing spam, cookery threads and k3wl-stuff. You should not blame certain moderators who are here somewhat less frequently. You don't know their personal situation. Maybe they are very busy with their studies, or they have a family which demands their presence, combined with a busy job. Such is life and you should be able to cope with such situations. Lateron in your life you'll experience similar things with colleagues at your work, people at clubs in which you participate and so on.

My answer is that we might add another moderator, but we also need to deal with the limited capabilities of the software and not every configuration is possible. So, do not expect immediate changes, I also cannot (and do not want to) simply decide upon such things on my own. Moderators also work together. If this answer is not the answer what you like and you decide to quit on the basis of that answer, then it be so, although I think it is sad if you decide so.

plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 10:42

[rquote]You should not blame certain moderators who are here somewhat less frequently. You don't know their personal situation. Maybe they are very busy with their studies, or they have a family which demands their presence, combined with a busy job.

If this answer is not the answer what you like and you decide to quit on the basis of that answer, then it be so, although I think it is sad if you decide so.[/rquote]

1:I do not blame moderators, don't get me wrong, like I said, they probably have a lot of others things to do, but while they are not as active, temporary, or permanent for that mater, moderator that have the time to fix the board could be put in place, or simply users-moderators, which do not have the moderator status, but can fix the thread. I don't know, I simply want SM to be a better forum.

That answer satisfy me, but that doesn't mean I'm back, I reconsidering depending on how the situation will go.

thanks for your fast reply.

I never asked for this.
woelen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 11:16

I am thinking quite high about you, but at this time I have the feeling that you start whining somewhat. Your attitude in this thread certainly does not make this forum a better place.

If you leave the forum, you also will not make it a better place. The only way to actively contribute to making it a better place is posting good and fun stuff like you have done frequently in the past. Whining about how bad the forums have become sounds childish to me and does not contribute anything at all. Just do what you want to do and if you stay, then we'll notice that and if you leave we'll notice that as well, no need to whine about that. As you most likely know, you're always welcome to come back.

plante1999
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 11:55

Quote: Originally posted by woelen  
The only way to actively contribute to making it a better place is posting good and fun stuff like you have done frequently in the past.

We will see what I can put up for you guys, I'm back on business, although I would love some changes. I will do what is I can, although albeit limited, else than posting good topic, to make the forum a better.

For the peoples who say that I got more view than usual, it is true, I got 120 instead of the usual 60, so my website will be closed for two whole days.

Lets hope things will change for the best.

I never asked for this.
turd
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 13:31

Quote: Originally posted by DJF90  
One thing I would have liked to have seen is using the 5-methoxysalicylaldehyde to make the analogous "Salen" type ligands, and some metal complexes of these, such as one of the early catalysts used by Katsuki for asymmetric epoxidation.

Well, that is rich. If you would have liked to see that, then YOU make it. I would like to see psychedelic chemistry. Besides, Schiff base complexes must be the single most boring part of mainstream chemistry going on at the moment (well, maybe atmosphere analytics is a close contender). It needs little skills and there's no originality involved. Where is the eponymous madness in that?

The whining about the decline of the quality of SM must be as old as the board itself.
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 20:48

I humbly suggest to honor Plante with the title Board's Diva ;)

nuff said
/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top