Quote: Originally posted by plante1999  
Plante1999's Topical solution

For chemical sensitizing and infection

Active ingredient:
30% H2SO4 USP

Non active ingredient:
65% Water
5% stabilisators and inhibitors

No, really, the wound look very good now, but I'll need to make another more complete wash, as some spot are still wounded.

#
Now ask yourself if the caustic(drain cleaner grade) might work much better :P ?
12AX7
Post Harlot

Mood: informative

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 08:20

Soap is a well-known disinfectant and cleaning agent! :P

Tim

Seven Transistor Labs LLC http://seventransistorlabs.com/
Electronic Design, from Concept to Layout.
Need engineering assistance? Drop me a message!
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
gladius
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-8-2013 at 11:11

I recently experienced something similar last Spring; on my left rib-cage and forearm. Both areas were so raw, painful, and persistent that I thought it must be shingles; it resembled alligator skin. However, it turned out to be eczema; never did determine precisely what caused it, but it was probably either the nickel in a metal wrist watch band I'd begun wearing, or a new laundry soap I'd started using.
Evidently, the outbreak doesn't necessarily always occur where the irritant comes in contact with one's skin; ie, exposure in the area of the fingernails sometimes manifests itself in the form of a rash on the eyelids.
Cosmetics, latex, nickel, and soaps seem to be common causes; but certain foods and plants can also be the source.
I was prescribed triamcinolone 0.1 % cream, a corticosteroid commonly used to reduce the redness and swelling associated with a variety of skin conditions. Took a couple weeks to get it under control, and it still occasionally flares up. Especially after I've been outside in the heat working, getting dirty, and sweating; which I was warned that it might do.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
20-12-2023 at 12:53
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top