Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: GEET Fuel Processor
gnitseretni
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-9-2012 at 10:25
GEET Fuel Processor

The invertor calls the GEET Fuel Processor an "on-board compact plasma fuel refinery that renders just about any liquid into usable and highly volatile fuel by cultivating electro-magnetic and other energy fields."

Plasma???

I went over the plan they offer (http://www.geetinternational.com/Free_Plans.html), read articles, seen videos, trying to get more details on the "reaction chamber" where the "magic" happens. But nada! I thought I'd come to SM see if folks here can figure out what's going on in the reaction chamber.

The reason why I'd like to know what the reaction chamber does is because I don't know why it's even necessary. As we all know, liquid gasoline doesn't burn.. it's the vapor that burns. The GEET has a container filled about 1/4 of the way with gasoline. Air is bubbled through this fuel to create vapor. It then goes through the reaction chamber. The idea is to introduce gasoline VAPOR into the engine so it burns clean and complete unlike liquid droplets as is the case in carborated and fuel injected engines. But if it's already vapor after coming out of the bubbler, then what is the reaction chamber for? What is it's purpose? I've heard one guy say (who's a GEET dealer and trained by the inventor) in one of the many youtube vids I've seen that the reaction chamber keeps the fuel from condensing back into a liquid. From that, plus the fact that they refer to this thing as a "fuel refinery", I assume what the reactor does is it "cracks" the fuel into lighter hydrocarbons? That would explain why the vapor doesn't condense back into a liquid. But how do they crack the fuel? (if that's in fact what they're doing) I don't believe the temp is high enough. Can it be done with electro-magnetism? Or they call it a "plasma fuel refinery". How does plasma come into play here? I dunno. That's why I came here.
triplepoint
Hazard to Others

Mood: in equilibrium

[*] posted on 16-9-2012 at 11:06

My first thought was that the secret sauce is snake oil, but I decided I was being too cynical and decided to look further. I went to the website, which doesn't say much, saw that their video had been dumped by YouTube, then clicked on the direct video link. That brought me to a notice that the domain had been seized pursuant to court order. At that point I decided I had given it enough benefit of the doubt. Snake oil.
gnitseretni
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-9-2012 at 12:43

You don't believe you can get more MPGs by running a gas engine on gasoline vapor? What exactly are you skeptic about?
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-9-2012 at 05:40

Gas engines ALREADY run on gasoline vapor, that is the point. And fuel injectors already are much more efficient than carburetors were at creating a gasoline vapor/air mix, so there is little improvement likely to be made. Most of the inefficiency of an internal combustion engine comes from the inherently poor efficiency of that design, so you can't make then do much better without changing the design of the engine. Simple thermodynamics show that converting fuel to mechanical energy is difficult compared to converting to thermal heat, which can be done quite efficiently (see 94% natural gas furnaces for one example, there are many.)

Also, for an internal combustion engine, you need fuel of a particular octane range rating, among many other criteria, to avoid destroying the engine. So "usable and highly volatile fuel" may or may not have anything to do with meeting that spec. Just like for a diesel engine, you can burn many fuels fine, including quality biodiesel, but if you try to burn unprocessed lard in it, you will eventually mess up the engine.
DrChang
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-2-2015 at 09:42

gnitseretni, please realize that the exhaust is recycled in the opposite direction of the incoming intake mix. This creates a combination of influencing forces that help to modify or "crack" the fuel molecules. The forces as I understand include, heat, magnetic and electrical. We know that just heat in itself and help breakdown molecules. Add to this the extremely strong magnetic field and the electrical voltage differential, and we have a heat-electro-magnetic force field working on directional moving molecules. This will affect the molecular bonds that hold the atoms together, and it is not hard to see how the molecules can disintegrate into small chunks or into their elemental atoms.
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 24-2-2015 at 11:20

Actually, this is based on plasma gasification, a legitimate concept:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_gasification

Now, using it on gasoline does seem silly, as it's already a good fuel. And I doubt that "reactor" will produce much plasma.

[Edited on 25-2-2015 by Cheddite Cheese]

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 24-2-2015 at 12:38

A destructive EGT for a typical engine is about 1600°F. Show that you can achieve the 4,000 to 25,000°F the arc process generates using engine exhaust and I'll eat my hat.

Show any magnetic field produced by this apparatus, or even achieve the curie point of the iron rod with your exhaust gas during "burn-in" and I'll eat your hat too.

Show any electrical potential difference between one end of the conductive reactor and the other and I'll eat a store full of hats.

Show using mass spec. that any catalytic cracking has taken place between the fuel inlet and engine intake, inside a reactor made of a material known to the petroleum industry as a catalyst poison for the very process you describe, and at far lower temperatures, and I'll eat an entire hat factory, workers and all.

All this is doing:

1. Using hot exhaust to vaporize fuel, separating it from water and gunk so the engine can be seen "burning" condiments, cat piss, etc, thus proving a big oil conspiracy.

2. Preheating the incoming charge, and feeding exhaust into the intake (which will reduce both the delta-T of the heat engine as well as the available air and thus reduce power output accordingly)

It is exactly as gnitseretni describes. IIRC this Pantone guy made a bunch of money selling this crap to people and went to jail for it. Read this and tell me this is a legitimate technology: http://www.geetfriends.net/science/science.htm

The explanation sounds like someone with a high-school education in science put together a bunch of unrelated things he found on Wikipedia to sell people crap. Anyone with half a degree in any science can see right through this. Besides, all this guy really did was re-invent the way EGR is used to help vaporize injected fuel during engine starts on cold days, and then added some electromagnetic nonsense to make it sound 'pscientific'.

Also note that their solution to Pantone going to jail involves calling the mayor of Salt Lake City and telling him that they are "boycotting Utah." Not the sharpest knives in the drawer, I feel.

blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-2-2015 at 12:48

This is 'HHO' by another and more sophisticated name.

You can't get ALL of the energy needed to 'plasmificate' back, even using an existing fuel. Never mind cat piss.

This guy is, in a sense, trying to sell a perpetual motion machine.

Snake oil would work though: because it always sells well!

[Edited on 24-2-2015 by blogfast25]

Go To Top