Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I called a few light material physicists, and they said MAYBE it could be possible to make a solid opaque element translucent...
timemachine1
Banned Shitposter

Mood: No Mood

smile.gif posted on 23-3-2016 at 14:38
I called a few light material physicists, and they said MAYBE it could be possible to make a solid opaque element translucent with this light mixing
technqiue

this light mixing technique.
first hit the electron in the atom with any type of EM radiation, or laser with high intensity, (whatever works best)
To get the electron in the atom to the same energy level/shell level of glass, water, and some transparent plastics.
The electron when hit by the EM radiation, is going to be in a higher shell level for a short time.
Now you mix the initial EM you used with RED light, so if you can imagine the first wave of EM radiation is going to hit the electron, then the red light is mixed in with the original EM beam, and then the red light is sent to the electron, after the first EM beam has hit the electron, and the electron has moved to a higher shell level.
that has the lowest energy, so while the electron is in the higher shell level you hit the electron with the red light in a timed millisecond burst, while the electron is in a higher shell level.
Now hopefully the electron with not absorb the red light, and transmission will occur, making the object translucent, by 2% or more.
Do you think this technique could work.
Thank you for your help, anything helps even a few words
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 23-3-2016 at 14:40

I called everyone on the planet and they all said you never called them, not even your mom.

Detritus.

[Edited on 23-3-2016 by aga]
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 23-3-2016 at 19:40

really aga! what has happened to you? did the gf kick you out? do you want "aga -> detritus? Of late all your comments have been mean. Do you feel compelled to trash everyone? This probably should have bee a u2u but I didn't want to start a back and forth. Jon was doing this for awhile and I found out he'd been arrested and kicked out of his mothers basement.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 24-3-2016 at 09:50

Quote: Originally posted by chemrox  
Jon was doing this for awhile and I found out he'd been arrested and kicked out of his mothers basement.

Lucky b**stard ! He had a Basement !
gatosgr
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-3-2016 at 10:26

This is the first time I've heard light material physicists exist.

[Edited on 24-3-2016 by gatosgr]

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 24-3-2016 at 13:58

Quote: Originally posted by gatosgr  
This is the first time I've heard light material physicists exist.

They studied hard at university to earn that title.

In the process they came up with mathematical proof that they do not exist, and instantly disappeared, which is why there aren't any, apart from those who didn't do so well at maths, failed the course, and therefore are not either.

Go To Top